Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Screwed Again!

Okay, most of you who follow me on twitter know I'm financially broke. This incident absolutely disgusted me and I felt screwed by another Big Bank!

I have a checking account with a large bank. I am never overdrawn on my account and always very careful to balance it. Last week while in Florida I accidently overdrew my account by $1.00 (yes, one dollar). The bank charged me an overdraft fee of $25.00 when the charge went as "pending", then charged me $33.00 the Next Day when the charge "Posted", then charged me $6.00 per day for 4 days until I deposited money into my account.

Because of $1.00 being overdrawn, the bank screwed my $82.00. Now if that's not screwing the American consumer I don't know what is. It's an outrage.

I have been unemployed for months. To me $82.00 is a lot of money. The money that was deposited into my account to cover the overdraft comes as residual income from an insurance job I used to have, but that is only $583.00. So you can image my outrage.

what do you think? Is this fair? Have you ever heard of being charged so many fees?

Sam Naba

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man that is just wrong. Hope you switched banks.